home | entries | profile | friends | tagboard | twitter | credits |

Jo.ce.lyn.Lee

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 @ 4:20 PM


Note: Do not read if you find the topic boring. 


So I was trying so hard to concentrate in writing my 5000 word port folio, due next week... and I just cant seem to get myself into the typing mood. You know the mood where you can just happily type away non stop? Yeah I get that like once in a decade... and I just seem to use up the only one I have in this decade. Im SO not inspired. I feel like blogging. So I shall blog. about the topic for my 5000 words! I'll be more inspired to write a blog post on that topic rather than a port folio on that topic. I will then just copy paste everything into my port folio. Viola! My assignment is done.


Okay so define brand equity.
Brand equity can be defined as the added value a brand has over its competitors. It makes the brand stronger than its product itself. Building brand equity is very important as when the brand is stronger than the product, the brand can then come up with different types of line extensions which in turn benefit the brand the the entire company. Take Disney for example, Disney the brand was founded by Walter Disney and Roy Disney in 1923 (Wikipedia, n.d.). It started as a cartoon with its renowned characters, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, (blah blah blah etc etc i cant do this urghhh!!!!) to cartoon movies like Snow White, Cinderella, Mulan, Aladdin, to animations like Finding Nemo and Toy Story, to musicals like High School Musical and Enchanted, to films like The Princess Diaries, The Parent Trap, Eight Below and Game Plan, with the latest one being G-Force. They even have performances like Disney on Ice, etc etc. With a Disney logo plastered upon a poster, rest assured that the movie is rated all-ages, and that it doesnt have any censored scenes, nor scary, gross, violent and inappropriate scenes. Its a brand trusted by parents to have their kids watch anything from Disney.


Throughout the years, Disney built its brand equity so strong that they then ventured from the media industry to the entertainment, holiday and theme park industry - Disneyland, Disney World, Disney Resort, etc. The brand equity goes along with Disneyland. Today, many product brands franchise Disney to have Disney characters on their products, which is basically everything, from stationaries to household products to food and beverage, and even jeweleries and more. Kids want Mickey Mouse backpacks and they might not like to watch the cartoon, which is the original product from Disney. 


THATS NOT EVEN 700 WORDS!!
How am I suppose to survive. URGH!! 
After brand equity there's self-concept, perception, culture, reference group. GAHH!!!
I need inspirations. I need food. 

Labels: , ,


0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang!
Subscribe


Rewind

My Tweets!
Tweet with me!


Comments
Playlist